In Raja Peary Mohan College, Computer Science Department started functioning from the year 2003. In this age of Information Technology, knowledge of computer is essential. So students are always eager to study this subject as a combination of pure science pass subject. They have scored well in both practical and theoretical papers in University Examination. After passing out many of them are working in different private and public sectors as Software - Experts.
In Computer Science Department, the teaching learning process is essentially student - centric , encouraging students to participate in discussion. In class-room teaching both traditional and Digital method with Smart Board are used. Students have access to several PCs in the Computer Labs and they enjoy practical classes with active guidance of the teacher.
Sometimes, group discussion on several current issues - relating to software development are arranged with active participation of students.
1. Computer Fundamentals and Digital Logic Design
2. Algorithm and Data Structure
3. Introduction of Programming: C and PYTHON
4. Computer Organization
5. Operating System: Memory Management, File Management, Paging, Deadlock, Shell Programming (Unix/Linux)
6. Course Structure in CBCS under University of Calcutta for Honours & General Course.
7. Course Content of Honours & General Course.
In Department Labs, 18 PCs with all modern facilities and Smart Board are there to facilitate the students in their practical classes. Entire department is fully air- conditioned.